Seminar on Additive Combinatorics
The seminar will cover basic results in additive combinatorics and some applications in theoretical computer science.
Unless there is no request for it, lectures will be given in English!
Please contact me for registering to the seminar.
The seminar will take place on Wednesdays 15:00-18:00 in Shenkar 104.
Attending lectures, delivering a talk, following other student's talks.
Linear algebra, probability and in general, "mathematicl maturity".
- Survey by Shachar Lovett. The first part of the seminar will be based on this survey.
- Exposition by Shachar Lovett of Sanders' proof of the quasi-polynomial Freiman-Ruzsa Theorem.
- Collection of lecture notes by Adam Sheffer, some of it is on additive combinatorics.
- Resolution to the cap set problem by Jordan S. Ellenberg and Dion Gijswijt. The proof is based on the following breakthrough:
- Progression-free sets in (Z_4)^n are exponentially small by Ernie Croot, Seva Lev and Peter Pal Pach.
Tentative order of lectures - May still change in the upcoming weeks
- 9.11.16 Tomer. Sections 2.1-2.3 of Shachar's survey. Slides
- 16.11.16 Guy. Sections 2.4,2.6 of Shachar's survey. Slides and more slides
- 23.11.16 Oleg. Section 2.5 of Shachar's survey. Slides
- 30.11.16 Daniel. Sections 3.1 of Shachar's survey. Slides
- 7.12.16 No Class!!!
- 14.12.16 Noam. Sections 4.1+4.2 of Shachar's survey.Slides
- 21.12.16 Orr. Sections 4.1+4.2 of Shachar's survey. Slides
- 28.12.16 Lior. Sections 4.3.1-4.3.2 of Shachar's survey. Slides
- 4.1.17 No Class!!!
- 11.1.17 Peretz. Croot-Lev-Pach paper. Slides
- 18.1.17 No Class due to a lecture by Babai !!!
- 25.1.17 Omri. Ellenberg-Gijswijt paper. Slides
- 01.02.17 ??.