Prof. Roded Sharan
Member of the Edmonds J. Safra Bioinformatics center
Email: roded AT tau.ac.il.
· Computational biology
o Analysis and modeling of biological networks
o Systems medicine
· Graph Algorithms
Selected Web-Servers / Software:
Research in the group focuses on modeling biological data using networks and applying graph algorithmic
techniques to mine these data and extract patterns of biological significance. Research projects combine
tackling graph theoretic problems and analyzing real data with biological collaborators. Example projects include:
· Inferring subnetworks that underlie a biological process of interest by integrating protein network
· Boolean modeling of signaling networks (example papers: 1).
PC chairs and editorial boards
· ISMB/ECCB 2013 – co-chair of “Protein interactions and Molecular networks” track.
· RECOMB 2014 – chair
· IEEE Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics – Associate Editor
· EMBO Reports – Advisory Editorial Board
· BMC Bioinformatics – Associate Editor
· Journal of Computational Biology – Associate Editor