- Assignment 5 has a small typo. In the section that describes the
makefile, please ignore the sentence that requires to make gen
make gen'), as gen is a script, and should not
- If the signature calculated by your photo program was correct,
and was only missing the padding with 0's, please send an email
email@example.com with the subject:
Software 1 - 0 padded signature.
You will get back the 25 (or 12.5) points reduced from your auto
grade, and 5 points will be taken of your manual grade.
- There was a typo in
practice12 in the
make example. The statement below assigns the first file name in
$(CSOURCES) after its suffix is removed to the
TARGET = $(firstword $(CSOURCES:.c=))
- Assignment 5 has been published on May the 26th ahead of its
official assigned date to allow early access. It is optional.
If you submit it on time, it will be taken into account only if
is increases your final grade.
- Assignment 4 - I've cleaned up the output files, so that they
don't have empty lines, and they do have a new-line char. at the
end of the file. The auto script ignores empty lines and all white
spaces when it compares results, but if you want to match your
results precisely anyhow, you may remove the excess '\n' in the
- Assignment 4
- In this assignment you have the freedom to change the code
distributed. You can declare
graph_int() as a function
that returns int or as function that returns void
(but not both, which is what we did by mistake). A similar argument
holds for the
We have fixed the declaration of graph_init() and bfs() in bfs.h to
match the use of these 2 functions in bfs.c, so feel free to
download the updated version.
- The type
List that appears as a type of a variable
in the function
print_children() should be
Children_list (and not
I wrote earlier).
- There is a typo in the assignment sheet in one of the examples.
The command line syntax is:
- Prof. Dan Halperin, 0368-2157-08, course page
|Practice Id||Time and Day||Location
|0368-2157-11||Sunday, 10:00-11:00||Schreiber 006
|0368-2157-09||Sunday, 11:00-12:00||Schreiber 006
|0368-2157-10||Sunday, 12:00-13:00||Schreiber 007
|0368-2157-12||tuesday, 15:00-16:00||Shenkar 222 |
- TA Office hours
|Name||Time and Day||Location
|Efraim Fogel||Tuesday, 14:00-15:00||Computational Geometry Lab. Schreiber basement 18
|Greta Yorsh||Sunday, 16:00-17:00||Schreiber openspace (basement) |
- Assignment submission guidelines.
- Software 1 forum
- Enroll to the hands-on session
(even if you have sent an email message, you still need to enroll).
Notice that the Monday session was dropped, and a session on
Thursday is available instead.
- On the second week of the semester Yaniv and Alon, two of the system
administrators, will conduct hands-on sessions in Schreiber 04, one
of the computer labs. in the Computer Science school about all kind of
system related issues relevant to this course. There will be three
identical sessions between 15:00 - 17:00 on Tue., Wed., and Thu.
(9/3, 10/3, 11/3). There won't be any other practices during this
week. Each of you must attend one of the sessions after creating
acocounts on the Unix and Windows systems.
Follow this link to enroll to one of
- Those of you who implemented a solution to the maxbin2eng
(ex. 1.5) for a large-number input, please send an email message
with your username. A bonus of 10 points will be added
to the total grade of the assignments (as long as it doesn not
- The due date of assignment 2 has been postponed. The new deadline is
Sun. Apr. 25th midnight.
- A few clarifications regarding assignment 2:
- It is ok to scan in not more than 80 characters (regardless of
whether they are spaces, alphabetic, etc.)
- Do not disregard numeric characters. (The original text was
ambivalent). For example, "a123a" is not a palindrom.
- Strings that consists of non alpha-numeric characters, including
the empty string are palindroms.
- The count (within the parentheses) should not be truncated! Use
"%5d" as the formatting string to print it out.
- Each matrix row does not necessarily end with a '\n', and
you certainly don't have to verify it. (Simply scan in
- It is ok to use one function in the implementation of another.
- We remind you to make sure your code compiles without any warning.
- Due to popular demand, the due date of assignment 3 has been
postponed. The new deadline is Sun. May. 16th midnight.
This delay will have no effect on the deadline of assignment 4
already posted, as the schedule is tight, and there is another
assignment (5) already in the pipe.
- More about assignment 3:
- The width (and height) of the scaled image is the integer value
rounded down (simply the results of casting the appropriate
- When the 'cubic' method is applied (through the '-s cubic' option),
no automatic check will be done. If the cubic methid is applied and
your signature matches one of the 2 published signatures, then
your code is probably correct. If your signature differs, it doesn't
necessarily mean that it wrong.
- If the scale factor is 1, and the cubic method is selected, the
image may change, as the operation is applied the same way it is
applied with any other factor greater than 1.
- I was asked to add a test case that scales down an image using
the nearest method with scale factor 1.89. You can find it in the
ususal place (Let me know in case I failed to remember the
requested factor correctly).
- Regarding assignment 3:
- There are 7 test cases available at the regular place including
a test that tests scaling with 1.5 factor for each method.
- Apparently the signature of an image scaled with the cubic method
can be calculated in 2 slightly different ways, and still conform
to the instructions. I've published an alternative signature
see (1_1.out and 1_2.out). If we find more ways, we may decide
to drop the auto. test for these cases, but for now both are
- If an option appears more than once in the command line, only the
last occurrence counts. This means for example, that an image
cannot be reflected vertically and horizontally at the same
time, but it can be scaled and reflected, and there is a new test
case that does that.
- If the '-f' option is present in the command line, but the '-s'
option is missing, then the program should not scale the image,
essentially ignoring the provided factor. It is not considered an
- The GLUT library for windows can be downloaded from
here. On Linux
it comes by default, but if you need it after all, it can be obtained
- The output of test cases of the photo exercise originaly published
I've reproduced them on Thu. May. the 22nd at 20:43 (the tar file
is updated as well).
Last modified: June 08 2004.