|We have developed a toolkit that constructs and maintains
3-dimensional scenes. The toolkit consists of a couple of libraries and
an interactive 3D application named player that
renders 3D scenes stored in an extended VRML format.
The format was extended with several geometry modes, which describe
models represented with CGAL data structures. Some of the new nodes are
The player application is linked with:
New geometry nodes:
- SCGAL - an internal library that constructs and maintains geometry
nodes, which describe models represented with CGAL data structures.
- SGAL - an internal library that constructs and maintains 3D
scene-graphs, written in C++, and built on top of OpenGL.
- ImageMagick and magick++
- GMP - a library that provides the exact rational number-type
- describes a model represented by an arrangement of geodesic arcs
embedded on the sphere.
- describes a Voronoi diagram of points on the sphere.
- describes a Power diagram of circles on the sphere.
- describes a model represented by the CGAL Polyhedron_3 data
- describes a polytope represented by its spherical Gaussinal map,
which in turn is represented by the CGAL Arrangement_on_surface_2
- describes a polytope represented by the CGM data structure, which in
turn is represented by six planar maps among the other.
- describes a polytope represented by Nef polyhedra embedded on the
Last modified: February 12 2008.